Our house is bigger and still very disorganized from the remodel, therefore, I'm finding myself with very little computer time. We had a fun Thanksgiving. Stella took a nap exactly when we were all eating dinner and she was very well behaved, though overstimulated. Dan and I sure paid the price for the upheaval later. For the next few days Stella proceeded to wake up at night every hour or two. I thought I was going to die. After Dan left, I let her cry it out for the next 4 (maybe more, it's all a blur), miserable days. And then she snapped back in to reality and started sleeping for 10-12 hour stretches again. She does wake up every night at some point but after about 10 minutes or so she settles herself back to sleep. Part of the problem was that around Thanksgiving time, she started to sit up in her crib. She'd just sit there and cry until I went in to get her. No mas, Senorita...well unless she's having a complete meltdown, but the sky had better be falling at that point.
Dan thinks it's hysterical that her new favorite baby food item is called "Jasmine Chicken Luau" thanks to the folks at the Healthy Times Organic Baby Food Company. I just bought out the entire stock at Henry's which of course the cashier noticed. It tastes like apricots which is odd because she hates most fruit. The ingredients are chicken, rice, apples and peaches. She's also settled back in to her 6-7 jar a day habit plus copious amounts of cereal, avocado, sweet potato, Gerber Puffs and other finger foods.
Stella hasn't shown that much interest in the Christmas tree yet. She got all dressed up in her Christmas garb to go get it and I was bummed I forgot to bring my camera to the tree lot. I put her in the baby carrier and we walked around looking for the right tree. She was more interested in the owner's dogs though, which seemed normal given her genes. But I haven't had a second to decorate the tree yet so we'll see how she is with all of the nice glass ornaments...ugh. It's a near perfect tree, if I do say so myself.
Been running around ragged. I miss the hotel.


No comments:
Post a Comment