Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Who's Your Daddy?


We had a funny incident on the 59th floor. I take Stella out when housekeeping comes so the other day we went to the 59th floor where the pool and gym are. They have a nice reading area and the view is spectacular. Stella was running around like a bat out of hell, tossing newspapers off the table, etc. I was exhausted and about to take her back downstairs when the elevator "dinged" and a Chinese man walked out. Stella was in his path to the pool. She looked right at him and said "Dad-dy!!!" It was the clearest "Daddy" she's ever said. They guy replied, "uh, no..." and the other people in the reading area all laughed.

She's pretty clever. Today when housekeeping came, I took her to Caffe Vergnano where we have Thursday coffee because she slept until 4pm and we couldn't commit to going anywhere outside the mall as she eats at 5pm. They have nice leather sofas and leather cubes for chairs. I arranged some cubes to block her access to some electrical outlets and this space behind the sofas. She was desperate to get behind the sofas because there is a mini glass wall there that allows you to see down to the first floor. Because the tables next to us were occupied, I didn't want her going back there. She knew she was being denied. So she would drop her sippy cup right behind the cube and say, "Uh oh!" and look me in the eye with a very cute, innocent look. I would reach down and get it without moving the cube, which was frustrating to her because her plan was for me to move the cube in order to get it. That would be her opportunity to blast behind the sofas. After about 3 times, she started to toss it a little bit further away to where she thought I couldn't reach it without moving the cube. Same thing with the innocent, "Uh oh!" It was funny, transparent and pretty clever. Then, I could tell she was hurling it as far as she could over the cube. After a while, she gave up and decided to seriously soil her diaper in retaliation. I had to get the check and bolt home because she stank.

I am not at all sure if we're going to Bangkok this weekend because she's been really cranky. I can't tell if it's teething or an MMR shot reaction. She's had these white bumps on her gums for the last week or two but nothing has broken through yet.

No comments: