We made it. Stella was very, very good on the plane. She figured out how to recline her seat/bed to a 45 degree angle and use it as a slide. That was annoying (only to me since no one else could see her), but it kept her busy when she got restless and didn't feel like watching DVDs. Her fear of strangers once again kept her from wandering the aisles. We landed in Tokyo and got to use the nice JAL lounge where she ate a ton of Japanese beef curry. I was positive she'd hate it but it's the best Japanese curry I've ever had, so when I saw they had it, I took a little bit even though I wasn't hungry. She kept asking for, "more dip" because she was dipping bread rolls in it.
Since then, we've been recovering from a runny nose which had us skip Mandarin class on Wed. We've been roaming the hotel and the malls, where she now has to learn she only has a choice between riding in her stroller and walking. I can't carry her anymore. It's been a challenge. We stood at the bottom of the escalator by our hotel lobby for quite some time because she wouldn't get into her stroller and I won't carry her or let her ride the escalator on her own. She finally got in. Also, on that same trip out, we went to the Lane Crawford sale (HK's Neiman Marcus) where she got out in the shoe department and browsed around with me. She loves shoes. I tried on a pair of Hogan sneakers. When she noticed that, she ran over and said, "Off!!! Off!!! No Nice!!!" while trying to pull them off my feet. She didn't like them, I guess.
Today, we started preschool (it's more like a playgroup) at the LRC. She loved it. There is a boy in there named Dylan. She learned how to say Dylan because she liked him a lot, not really because it's her last name or anything.


1 comment:
Welcome back! Glad to hear the flight was uneventful :) Stella sounds so grown-up with food choices and even opinions on shoes!
Post a Comment