My friend, Coco, had onesies made for everyone with their names, birthdays and order of birth on them. Stella is #3 in this group and, not surprisingly, has hulked out of her onesie already so she couldn't wear it. She is the largest by far though Clara, who is next to her, isn't that far behind. This made me feel better. Clara is 3 days younger than Stella. Today, there was one boy, Ethan, who is in the blue onesie. Most everyone I know here has girls.
Stella was so overstimulated that, despite many attempts by me, she could not wind down remotely enough to take her 2pm nap. She was just too hyper to nap in her stroller and finally crashed out after we got home around 5pm, though she slept 5-10 minutes on the ferry. I suspected that would happen. She was very well behaved, but it would have been miles better if she would have napped as ALL of the other babies did. She has a habit of grabbing the other babies' hair, arms, fingers, toes, clothing, hair ribbons, and she has no concept of how hard she's pulling. It's usually pretty darn hard. None of the other babies seem to do that! So, I have a mild panic attack when we're sitting close to people also because her nails are dagger-sharp even though I cut and file them pretty much every day. They grow so fast! All of those babies have live-in helpers that seem to be able to keep their nails under control. I have no idea how they do it.
We were worried that it was going to rain today, but the weather cleared up and it was pretty hot. I didn't eat much as she kept trying to grab my sandwich, salad, Diet Coke, and basically whatever else she figured out was supposed to go in my mouth. She also took a giant, borderline embarrassing poo while we were in the restaurant. Lovely.


No comments:
Post a Comment