Sunday, October 7, 2007

Tales From The Crib

It's been a pretty uneventful weekend. Dan's friend Neil and his girlfriend (or girl that is a friend...we don't know which exactly) were in town. We took Stella to meet them for lunch. She and I went back home for her 2pm nap and then rejoined the group downstairs in the Blue Bar at 4pm. She was really well behaved and not the only baby in the bar, for once.

She's been sleeping pretty well and does not cry at all going down for naps, except occasionally at the 5pm-ish nap. Sometimes, she has a look of relief when I finally put her in her crib as if she's saying, "Geez, lady it's about time you put me down." She's become an expert in crib gymnastics. We don't know how she does it but she's never where we put her to begin with. The photo above was her favorite sleeping position for a while so we moved the SIDS sensor up. It was constantly going off because she was out of range. The sensor is a flat 12"x12" square that you put in the middle of the crib. Then, of course, right when we did that, she started wedging herself at the other end of the crib. Last night, she set off her SIDS monitor so I went to check on her and turn the alarm off. She was snoring, on her side, smashed in a fetal position against the other end of the crib and didn't hear a thing. Of course, she was perpendicular like in this photo. She has also taken to sleeping on her stomach which is a problem because she can't, or doesn't want to, flip herself from her stomach to her back. She'll just cry until we come in and flip her over. I can't describe some of the positions she gets herself into very well. They don't look very comfortable though.

I also know that someday she's going to be the type to climb/fall out of her crib and I'm not looking forward to it.

No comments: