Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fishy

It's Sunday here. I went to the gym this morning and then the 3 of us went to lunch at Caffe Vergnano in the mall. We get takeaway from there several times a week because it's really good, healthy, reasonably priced and very stoller-friendly, most importantly. And, I always seem to run into my friends there.

Anyway, we came home and then Stella faked taking a nap. I'm pretty sure she just rolled around her crib for an hour, clearly overstimulated from being out at lunch time. We later took her to the pool. Dan got in and swore up and down that the water was too cold. I think he must only go in pools in Mexico and Hawaii because it was NOT cold. The thermometer said the outside temperature was 85 degrees at 4pm. She loved it. She was tired, but wanted to swim around. Then Dan got cold and yanked her out before she was ready. Good one, Dad.

For some reason she cracks up when I call her a fishy. She likes certain words. Cheese is another word she thinks is hysterical along with "Chunky Monkey" and "Wassup!!!!!!!" from that old Budweiser commercial. The latter causes spastic laughter.

I also learned that I can't wear earrings if I want her to eat. I bought some chandelier type earrings that I put on before we went to lunch. I woke her up from her nap and rushed to feed her so we could get going. No way, Jose. The earrings were way too interesting and she couldn't focus on anything else. I took them off and then it was over. The feeding window had closed by then--it's a very small window lately. As Dan says, she can probably afford to miss a meal anyway. He's calling her "Mayor McCheese" lately. Mayor McCheese is the mayor of McDonaldland who has an enormous cheeseburger for a head.

No comments: